background

Saturday, April 16, 2011

And so the cycle begins . . .

I enjoy reading Christian fiction especially about the Amish. I guess because their lifestyle is so simple. And they work, work, work. I am always inspired to get something done. But then I get caught up in my reading and still don't get my work done.

I stopped by the library a couple of days ago and I walked out with 5 books by Jerry Eicher. I have not read this author before and I am enjoying this first book in a series of three.


I often get caught up in series and am sad when I finish the last one. A good writer makes me feel like I personally know the characters and I feel like I am leaving friends when I read the last book.

I also checked out one book by Terri Blackstock. She is a Christian Fiction Mystery writer. Very good. Most libraries mark their Christian Fiction with a purple tag on the spine that has a cross and says "Christian Fiction". That makes it very easy to browse through the library and choose them quickly.

A change of subject . . .

I love the spring weather and having the windows open. I actually love the lower electricity bill. lol But we are surrounded by pine trees and after a couple days of windows open we have a yellow film of pollen on the laminate floors and every piece of furniture. So I got out the dust mop and sprayed a little furniture polish on it so the pollen would stick to the dust mop. The over spray got on the ceramic tiles in the kitchen and Craig found the slick spot. Rather quickly I must say.

The temps got down into the 30's again last night and the windows are closed once again. So today I dusted the furniture and then got out the Shark steamer and went over the floors again.  Now I know it is much cleaner. I am breathing better. But I won't be able to resist next week when the weather warms back up. And I'll be opening the windows again. And so the cycle begins again. lol

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on a new author. I love reading Christian fiction, as well. Have you ever tried any of Lynn Austin's books? I love them, and find them to be in the can't pit them down till they are finished category. We've had a couple of days that count as the window opening type, but we're back into cold and wet again. (sigh). I'm soooooooo ready for spring and warmer temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read some of the books by Jerry Eicher and liked them...like you, I really like Amish fiction. Have you read any by Wanda Brunstetter? I have read some of hers and liked them real well...I just read one by Mary Ellis that I liked real well. And there are others but my mind is just totally blank right now. I think I like them because they have a calming effect for me...as well as I grew up on a farm and it just seems familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the pollen, generally I used to open windows all the time but then it seems like the last 5 years or so the pollen seems heavier and if I have the windows open I have too much trouble with the allergies. Now in the spring I leave the windows shut unless it is raining or the day after the rain and the pollen has been washed out of the air.
    I find I like books about the Amish also.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails