background

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nothing New to Show

I think it has been 3 weeks since I have been in my sewing room and worked on anything. I have decided the reason I am avoiding it is because I have to get those 2 personalized baby quilts made. I don't think I like the idea of having to work on something. I like to be free to go down and choose what I want to do. Hence, 2, 5, or 10 things going at once.

So today is the day. I vow to get down to the sewing room this afternoon. I know once I get down there, I won't want to quit. I'm sewing in my sewing room until I get the bedroom painted, and then I'll move the shelves and sewing cabinet for the re-doing of my sewing room.

I have also decided that I am going to thoroughly clean one room in my house each day until I am finished. Some rooms only need a good dusting, others need things moved around, etc. Maybe if I write it down, I'll be more apt to do it. I think I'll start with my bedroom. It just needs dusted well and a few things picked up. (Yes, I need to make the bed. We've only been up for a little bit. I do usually make it every day.


So, I have given myself some goals. Now, I am going to post more cruise pics and then get busy. Oh, I also need to take time out to go into town for our annual "Butterfly Festival". There are craft vendors, food vendors, and people performing all day. It begins at 9 with a parade and I will probably go shortly after that to stay away from the heat.

Now, I have given myself plenty to do, so I'll be going.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Vivian your black and yellow quilt in your header is just beautiful! Yes you must sew! Okay make the bed first but go sew, sew, sew!!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean...I have three "have to" in my sewing room, so I've been avoiding it too. If you can do it, I can do it. (but I'm not going to make the bed first... hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bedroom you have! I think I'd be confiscating IT for my sewing room, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh; is THAT your bedroom?!! I thought you'd found one from an online gallery or something. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails