background

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another Christmas Stocking Finished

As many of you may have figured out, I am a Christmas fanatic.  I think part of the reason is that I am not a cold weather person. I really, really need the sunshine to feel my best. So, when the Christmas holidays come around, I really spruce up the house. It cheers me up and it helps me to remember and focus on the reason for the season.

I have been making wooden Christmas items for over 20 years (in spurts, of course) and the past couple of years have added quilts and table toppers made from Christmas fabrics. My goal is to have a Christmas quilt for each bed in my house at the end of this year. I have 3 of them made and need one more. Although, my son really gets attached to his quilts and does not want me to put a different quilt on his bed at Christmas.

Where is this all going? I finished a second icy, blue Christmas stocking. I couldn't stop at just one. There are four of us, after all. Plus 2 extras.


And both of them . . .


I plan to make each of them a little different. But then again, I may just make two and use them in the bedroom with my snowflake quilt that is also made from these fabrics. And then make 4 or 6 out of red Christmas fabrics.

Decisions, decisions.

When I made that decision, I'll know whether I want to hand embroider our names on them or embellish them with decorative hand embroidery.

And that, Larry and Craig, is why I make Christmas items all year long. lol

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Love the blues; very nice work, Vivian!! Merry Christmas in May! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful Vivian, I love the blues as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty, Vivian. I love the blues.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails