background

Saturday, June 21, 2014

New Quilt Started

I have wanted a yellow and blue quilt for a few years now. I never made one because I didn't have very many yellow or blue fabrics.

I found an applique quilt that uses a neutral background and blue and yellow applique. Although I had to purchase the background fabric, I have enough scraps to do all the applique.



When I purchased my first applique pattern, the lady I bought it from told me she used paper towels as the stabalizer on the back. And that is what I used for that project and most of the time since then.


I used two layers. Then I tear all of the paper towel off when I finish.  Works like a charm.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this tip. That is a really neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of that...what a great idea to try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails