background

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Becca's Quilt update

This is the quilt that Becca made for her twin baby brother. I just love the way it turned out. Her Granny hand quilted it. I am amazed at how quickly she finished. I added the binding and a label with a message from Becca and it is ready to go.


He is a Star Wars fanatic so she used a Star Wars sheet on the back.


She did such a great job for a second quilt.  Actually, it is the first completed one. The one she made for herself is still sitting on my shelf. But I am going to machine quilt it for her and plan to start that this week. She wants it extra fluffy and soft so I will use two layers of batting. I don't really recommend this using a domestic machine to quilt unless you don't mind tugging and pulling. It is not easy. The only other one I used two layers of batting was my orange crush and everyone comments on how soft it is.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

1 comment:

  1. she did a good job on that top and Granny quilted fast didn't she - great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails