background

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Things are Piling Up Around Here

Do you ever just get so into one thing that you let everything else drop?

I do that quite often. (Unfortunately, it is never house cleaning that gets my attention. lol) I have been totally focused on reading for the past month. Before that I couldn't wait to hit the sewing room each day.

Well, school is out in two days and then I'll have all day to piddle around. Hopefully get back to the sewing room and make some headway on things I need to finish.

Such as . . .


I only have about 10 of these blocks made.


This quilt top has been waiting around for about two years. It's getting tired of sitting around.


Maybe this poinsettia quilt will be my focus for the holiday this year.


I really planned to have this hand quilting finished by now. But when I start reading, I forget all about it.


The above snowflakes quilt is pieced and ready to be sandwiched for quilting.


I have started quilting "Tree Time" and planned to put a lot of quilting on this one but my mind went blank. So it's pieced and I have stitched in the ditch and it is waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting . . .


Of course, I had better get with it on the double wedding ring quilt, right Craig?


This one is my favorite and latest. I have decided what I am going to do for the side borders (I need it larger).

So as you can see, I have a full summer planned. Maybe Saturday would be a good day to begin.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

2 comments:

  1. LOL my oh my you sure have a lot of projects going. I am the same way though - once I get myself caught up in a really good book I spend more time reading than sewing. I haven't gotten into too many good books though recently.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm out of breath just scrolling through your list! :) Sounds like you've got your summer work "cut out" for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails