background

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Update and A New Project

My goals for this weekend were to finish binding the star quilt and get the borders sewn on the blue and yellow quilt, get it sandwiched and put in the hand quilting stand.

I did not bind the star quilt. I don't have any fabric so I will need to purchase some.

Friday, it took me from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to cut and sew the three borders on the quilt. It always takes me forever to do borders. I'm not sure why.


So today, I hope to get it sandwiched and ready to quilt.

I have found that I spend way too much time on the computer or on my table playing games so I am going to try to spend more time sewing, quilting, and working on hand work. So, I have been seeing all of the redwork, etc. that people are embroidering and decided to start on a quilt from a pattern I purchased years ago.

Over the River and Through the Woods Pattern

I am tracing it in small sections. I hope it works out all right. This is my first attempt at anything like this. But, I am moving right along.



It is a dreary day so I guess it is a good day to clean the house relax and do what I enjoy.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting! 

1 comment:

  1. I just love that Over the River quilt and have been seriously considering buying the pattern to use for my next hand stitching project. Are you doing yours in the black? If I do buy the pattern, I was thinking about using a dark blue.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails