background

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Three more days and . . .

I have two projects that I need want to finish before I go back to school on Monday.

I need the binding on this quilt . . .


I have completed the hand quilting on it and only need to add the binding.

This quilt is special because it is the last quilt I have that my mom helped quilt.


She even taught my niece's husband how to quilt using it.

Then I want to get the last 3 or 4 borders on this quilt . . .


I then want to get it sandwiched and ready to hand quilt.  In the past, I have always hand quilted for a few months and then get tired of it and put it away. Any quilt I have hand quilted has taken me years.  I hope I break the mold on this one. Maybe I can get it completed before the end of the year. My brother says I am becoming my mom -- so maybe I'll have a renewed interest in hand quilting.

We'll see how I do on these goals.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

4 comments:

  1. very nice , Vivian....I still adore the four patch in your header!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a special quilt indeed... full of memories.
    Enjoy binding!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails