background

Saturday, October 13, 2012

What a day!!!!

I was up by 6 am, which had Larry totally baffled. He can't understand how anyone would want to get up that early if they didn't have to. But I took my time having my morning coffee and then started laundry and had the kitchen cleaned and was out the door by 9 am.

I started out at Mama's Log House where I couldn't resist this fat quarter bundle of batiks.


Then I went to the Belle Point Quilter's Guild Quilt Show at the Convention Center. It was small but nice for our area. This is the first year I have attended. Usually, it is already past the date by the time I hear about it.

These were some of my favorites. Just quick takes with my phone.




I really wish I would have entered Becca's Double Wedding Ring Quilt. There was nothing even close to it there. Beautiful quilts but nothing like the entries that people post from the really big quilt shows.

The fabric I purchased is for a double wedding ring quilt for Kelsey. I am doing an applique border but it will be different from Becca's. I am thinking on the lines of something like this.


I'll have to work on how to make it go down the sides of the quilt. But I am also looking at a couple of other designs also. So, who knows.

What a great day! (But I didn't get groceries like I planned because the stores were just too crowded.)

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails