background

Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival

It is time once again for Amy's Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival. I decided to enter one of my quilts that reminds me of fall and winter (judging by the picture).


This is my Orange Crush Quilt made from a Bonnie Hunter Mystery. I was not crazy about the small half square triangles and some fabric I was using that seemed to stretch out of place very easily. I finished the quilt top and then let it sit for quite awhile before I quilted it.


If you look closely, you can see that I added piping before the final border.


Then I got the big idea to layer two layers of polyester batting together. Not the smartest thing to do when quilting using a domestic sewing machine. But the results were well worth the trouble. It is the softest, squishiest quilt that I have made.


And everywhere I go people compliment me on it.

I actually began making it for my son but he didn't care for the zebra print I put in it.


Too bad. Now it belongs to my husband. And he doesn't share very often.


It did go on the bed in the guest room for awhile. But mostly, it is used as a throw when he is watching TV.


Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

6 comments:

  1. Yes it's mine, all mine. And i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love that quilt. I've loved it ever since I saw it in your header the first time. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your quilt is lovely. Too bad your son didn't like it, but it sounds like his father gained a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous quilt and I really like this picture of it in the snow. Love the backing and binding, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with LuAnn, I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. I also love the snow in the background. The white of the snow makes the quilt so bright.It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite quilt since I started reading your blog a couple of years ago. I have everything in a container along with the instructions to make a 'Lime Crush'. Now to find the time!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails