background

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sewing for the Kids

I haven't done much sewing these past two weeks but sat back down at the machine last night. I made Kelsey some a couple of Christmas stockings but had not made Craig any yet. So I asked him last night what colors he would like. He chose reds and greens but then saw a couple of tea towels I had purchased at Dollar Tree and he picked one of them. I used it for the front and he picked out a green print for the back. He did request lines sewn on it (quilted). Isn't that funny. You can't tell the are quilted in this photo but they are. I used cotton batting scraps so they are not real fluffy.

Here are the results . . .



The photos are taken from my phone just to text to Craig and Becca to get their approval. (I left my camera at school and do not want to drive the 20 miles to get it.) The names are in dark green thread. The tea towel was maroon, green, and off white with some gold threads running throughout. I just love the way they turned out.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails