background

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Back Home and Trying to Get in the Swing of Things

Our camping trip was wonderful. I met Larry there after school on Friday. He had a potato soup cooking so we had a quick yummy dinner and then visited with friends that were also there.


Larry went to work Saturday morning and I slept in. (Not really, I was up at 6:30.) Why is it on weekends if I sleep past 7 I must be sick but during the week I have to drag myself out of bed when the alarm goes off? Probably pretty normal. I had my morning walk and then drifted off to check on my friends at about 11 a.m. They were just getting up and having breakfast. But, I found out that after we left their camp at about 8 p.m., some other friends drifted into their camp and they all stayed up until 3 a.m. -- Not me. I like being up early. Morning is usually my favorite time of the day.

Craig and Becca met me at 3 and we drove to Conway for a nephew's wedding. It was a small affair at their home. They had a tent set up in the back yard and everything was simple but beautiful. I was thankful the rain held off until after 10. By then I was back at camp and snug in the 5th wheel.


I spent Sunday reading and cutting out applique blocks for a new Poinsettia Wall Hanging (or lap quilt) I am going to make. That was the project I threw in and I am glad I had it along. The rest of the day, I walked and read. Larry got back to camp about 9 a.m. and we lazed around all day.


On Monday and Tuesday, I was back at work. We are having computer problems. On Monday, we couldn't even get on our computers. By Tuesday, we could get on the computers and the internet, but we still are not able to print. My lesson plans for this week are not even printed off yet. Oh well. I know what I am teaching, but the principal sure doesn't. But, he hasn't noticed I didn't turn them in yet.

Back to Saturday and Sunday, cutting out the applique blocks. Those of you who use scissors a lot to cut, do you ever bruise your thumb so that it has a numb, tingly feeling when you touch it. I figure it is just bruised from the scissors handle, but as of this morning, it still tingles. Do you think it is just bruised or have I done something else to it?

3 comments:

  1. I have not gotten the tingling feeling in my thumb but a lot of use does make the arthritis flare up in fingers/hand. Could it be the beginning of carpel tunnel? Sounds like you had a nice couple days at the campground and going to a wedding too. Glad the weather stayed good.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a lovely weekend...camping...haven't done that in a long time...if your thumb continues, might need to have it checked out...Karen's ideas about arthritis or carpal tunnel could be possible

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vivian, I am glad to hear that you had a good time. As for the thumb thing it happens to me all the time. It never lasts too long, but it does annoy while it lasts. No pics of the applique? Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails