background

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Busy, busy, busy

I really have accomplished a lot since my last post. I am still working on the Tulips and Lace quilt.


I am now on the 2nd from the outer blue border. I am doing a scallop on each edge with a straight line through the middle. I plan to crosshatch in the wide outer border.


Meanwhile, I turned these fabrics


 into this top.


The pattern is from this book.



I made one of these quilts years ago for Craig. At the time, I was really frustrated with it because I didn't cut enough fabric to start with and then had to figure out how many more of each piece I needed. Anyway, I told Craig that he better appreciate it because I would never make another one of them. 

Fast forward 7 or 8 years, and here it is. I love the way it turned out except the shades of green fabrics. I wish I could have found darker shades of green.

I am pretty sure I will machine quilt this one since it is a busy quilt and the quilting will not stand out. I know it will still be beautiful when finished.

Two more days of school.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.


2 comments:

  1. I don't know which quilt I like better. Just when I think I've seen every setting for a log cabin ... amazing chevron log cabin! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quilting looks great! and love that new one that you are working on.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails