with the Christmas applique quilt top. At least the center of it.
The border is 5 inch squares. Easy enough. Except . . . I didn't pay attention when trimming the blocks and trimmed them to the finished size instead of leaving a quarter inch seam on them. Now the quilt will be smaller and now I have to re-figure the size of the border squares. I'll leave that for tomorrow.
Larry and I have been working at cleaning up the garage. We took everything out. That was a feat in itself. Then we painted the walls and ceiling white. Put up new garage doors. (Larry--not me.) Last, we painted the floor a medium gray. It looks great; but my, it was a lot of work. Many hours of lifting, squatting, and reaching. We are both so sore. I think Larry was glad to go back to work today.
I spent the morning sealing the block wall in a closet on the bottom floor. The back of the bottom floor is underground. The closet is on the back side and end of the house so two walls are cinder blocks. I sealed the blocks with a gray sealer (only choice I had). But, it made the closet a little on the dark side. I think I'll go over them with a coat of white tomorrow to brighten it up. I plan to put very little back in the closet so we can use it as a storm shelter. I'll add a couple of chairs and put a few supplies down there and we should be good to go. I'm not sure why I never did this before. I guess because the closet was always full.
Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.