background

Monday, December 31, 2012

Sometimes

you just have to chuckle at yourself. After I was finished free motion quilting the whole wall hanging Friday, I decided to put the walking foot back to do straight line quilting on the borders. When, low and behold, I had been free motion quilting with my embroidery foot. Oh well, it worked. But, what was I thinking?


I usually wait until the first weekend after the 1st to take down Christmas decorations. This year, I am in a hurry to get them down. I guess because I know it will take a day or so to get them down and we go back to school on the 3rd. So I got most of them packed away and the boxes put back in the closet yesterday.

I haven't been away from the house since Christmas Eve (except to go to the movie with Larry on Saturday) so I have to go to town to pick up a few things for the New Year's Eve gathering. I have to laugh because when Larry had my vehicle and I couldn't get out, all I wanted to do was go to town. But now I have my vehicle and I don't want to go anywhere. Why are we like that?

The snow out the back door is almost melted away but in the front . . .

 

It is a really dreary day out today. I need the sun!

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

2 comments:

  1. We were snowed in at home with no electricity for four days. After it was restored we left for a postponed visit to my sister's. Now we're snowed in here! Good grief..... blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you have a long driveway! sometimes I go days without leaving the house and other times I have to get out every day! This past week I think I have only been out two times. I need to get back to better exercise schedule when the New Years is over.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails