Sunday, September 23, 2012

A productive Saturday

We were able to get the bulk of Becca's quilt top put together yesterday. She had to leave to go to a wedding so I finished the long sashing pieces but realized I had counted wrong and was short fabric for the top and bottom sashing. So when she stopped back by on her way home I got that fabric from her. My homework it to get those two sashings sewn on.

Her homework for the week is to cut a bunch of 2 1/2 inch squares for one of the borders. She is getting excited because it is so close to being finished. She is going to get one of her grandmother's to hand quilt it for her.

Even though I helped a little bit, she did most of the cutting and sewing herself. It looks great and you would never know it's her first quilt.

I had a productive week also. I started this quilt top on Sunday, Sept. 9. And I completely finished it yesterday. It took awhile but the applique takes awhile to do.

I have this a piece of Christmas print to use on the back. I think I am going to do simple cross hatch in the nine patch area and some type of meandering on the wide outside border.

I am still handquilting for a while each evening on the star quilt. It is so going, but I am going to love it when it is finished. I think I have 10 block left and a 4 inch border. It is going to be flowers on a stem so it will especially be slow going.

Drop by Judy's for Design Wall Monday. 

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!


  1. your quilts are looking great - hand quilting does take time but you have been putting a bit of quilting in that star quilt.



Related Posts with Thumbnails