background

Thursday, March 8, 2012

WIP's -- A Lot to Do

Kelsey beware! You won't like this post. lol

I plan to begin cleaning my sewing room tonight, so I thought I would make a list of all of my WIP's. So here goes:


Actually, I never started this one. It is a panel I purchased about two years ago. The colors will go beautifully in my bathroom and I have birdhouses in there. So, it will be perfect. I was just trying to figure out a way to add a block border or something. Any ideas?


This one is from one of Judy Laquidara's books. I started making it for Becca. Then I got caught up on the double wedding ring quilt. Then I made here the "I'm Blushing" quilt for her birthday. I'm trying to talk her into taking it over and finishing it. We'll see.


Still a flimsy. It is only about 3 feet square. I think I need to finish it for a Valentine's table topper.


Snowflakes are Falling. Another Natalia Bonner quilt. This one just needs a couple of borders on the top and then quilted.


I think this wall hanging is all quilted and just needs trimmed and the border added. Maybe I'll finish it before fall.

 

Fat Quarter Star BOM from Moose on the Porch.  Let's see. I have 8 blocks completed and they have already released the last one. So I am 4 behind. Maybe I can get them cut out while my machine is embroidering on the border of the Tiger Lily Quilt.


This is probably my newest WIP, except for the Tiger Lily quilt. I only need the stars and leaves appliqued in this top border.


This is my oldest WIP. I did not even touch it all winter. There were only a few cold, cold nights to sit in front of the fire this winter. That is when I did most of my hand quilting last winter. I will finish it one day in the future.


This star quilt along from Amanda at Crazy Mom Quilts is probably my oldest flimsy. It just needs a border or two added. I even have the backing fabric with it. Not sure why it is still sitting around.

Maybe I'll number them and draw a number to which one gets finished first. 

Boy, that is quite a list. I hope I got all of them. It will be interesting to see what I uncover as I clean. Maybe I'll try to get them all finished before the end of the year.

Oh, but I have so many other quilts dancing around in my head!

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

2 comments:

  1. that is one reason I put together my pineapple blocks was to get one more ufo at least put together and ready to quilt - my problem now is I have so many ready to quilt I will never have the time nor patience to get them all finished.
    I really like your snowflake quilt.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian, you've got some very lovely WIPs going! I love the cardinal panel! And the heart topper, too! And I completely understand what you mean about having loads of lovely quilt ideas swirling around in your head! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails