background

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wishing you all a Happy Mother's Day

Well, I cannot complain about the weather. It is just the right temp and the sun is out. I celebrated it by sitting out under the back patio and reading for hours yesterday afternoon.

I visited the local library in the morning and picked up a handful of Christian fiction. The one I read yesterday was A Wedding Quilt for Ella by Jerry Eicher.

I knew the book was the first book in a series and was delighted to find out that the second book had come out in April. I was afraid it wouldn't be out for awhile. I looked on the internet and the book is checked out right ow so I'm going to call the library on Monday and ask them to put it on hold for me.

It's off to see my mom today for Mother's Day.

I hope all of you hear from your children and grandchildren today.

4 comments:

  1. it was a beautiful day and looks like another today - I too spent some of my time on the porch reading.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you, Vivian!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a lovely day here in the South West of Western Australia - sunny , warm, and still no rain - I almost think Winter has forgotten us. Happy Mothers day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a good book--I have read some of his and like them. 'Amish' books are restful to me....not sure why.

    Happy MOther's Day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails