background

Monday, October 20, 2014

A Lazy Weekend -- Maybe

My dad and mom have a pear tree  that usually produces quite a bit of fruit. When I visited on Monday, my brother had a bucket of pears picked and ready for me. So this morning, I made pear sauce. This is my second batch for the season. I made 5 1/2 pints.

I put away quit a few jars of applesauce also. I will use most of it when making applesauce cake. I also put quite a few bags of sliced apples in the freezer.

My mom had a recipe for applesauce cake that has always been a big hit. We grew up with it so we were used to it. But it became a favorite of several of the Grandkids.  For some reason, mine doesn't seem to taste near as good.

As always the weekend was busy. I spent Saturday and Sunday morning cleaning some. Didn't get as much done as I needed to.  We attended Mass in Fort Smith (about 40 miles away) Sunday evening, then had a nice dinner with the kids at the Outback Steak House.

I still haven't made it to the sewing room.

What did you do this weekend?

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

1 comment:

  1. The pears sound wonderful and how can you miss with a good old-fashioned apple cake (reminder to self: make one!!!!!!). These are busy days, hmmmmmm??????

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails