background

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Winter Weather

is on the way. This would not bother me at all--if I didn't have to get out to go to work. Hopefully, it won't hit here until late afternoon on Thursday. Then, I will be able to make it to school and home without any problems. I am a big chicken when it comes to driving on snow and/or ice.

Looks like we will have a break on Saturday and Sunday with more headed our way Sunday evening, Monday, and Tuesday.

RV Seven Day

The bright side is that I have plenty to do here at home.

Cleaning, purging, and sewing.  It is never ending, isn't it?

I have embroidery to do, quilts to finish.I have a pile of packages from my sister-in-law. They are beach towel coverups. She wants names embroidered on them. They are so cute. I'll have pictures after I embroidery on them.

That will take awhile, but I will be able to piddle around with other things as the machine works. I really need to start on them tonight.

. . . And Christmas gifts to make. I always make something for a colleague, whom I am very close to. And I usually make my brothers and sisters a little something. I really need to visit pinterest for some ideas. And why do I usually wait until I get off for Christmas break to start these gifts?

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

3 comments:

  1. I just so hope that we won't have massive power outages from the ice/sleet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been asking myself the same question...why do I wait til now!!!! I really figured it out (light bulb moment!!??!!)....in January I'm so relieved I "pulled off" another handmade gift giving that I don't have the mojo to even think of starting in again AND my head is spinning with ideas NOW........not 2 months ago....not 4 months ago....not 11 months ago but now!!! And that's just the way it is!!! LOL! Don't we all work better under pressure (oops....that's college/school talk!!! LOL!). You are not alone, my dear!!!! Hugs from a "boat" filled with many of us!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a couple of inches of sleet Vivian - thank goodness it didn't affect our power. We weren't able to get out Thursday or Friday so I spent time sewing and wrapping presents. Yesterday the roads were clear so we made a trip to Sam's to do a little more Christmas shopping but this morning it's misting rain and 25 degrees so it's freezing as it hits. Sure hope it doesn't continue! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails